I hope you’re well!
Todays post is inspired by a conversation I had with someone last week, and something that as we get older we may need to address.
Upper lip lines…….even if you’re not a smoker!
Upper lip lines
You know the lines I’m talking about? The lines above your lip that are caused by that puckering motion, and several other factors. Unfortunately, although a smoker may be more likely to have these lines because they are ‘puckering’ their mouth more often than say the average person. It can happen to anyone. The older we get it is more likely as we are losing collagen and elastin in our skin, and repeated movements start to stay etched in our skin as it doesn’t have the elasticity to spring back as more youthful skin does.
Remember, smile when posing for a photograph, don’t pout! Although smile and we get lines elsewhere LOL. To be honest though I think laughter lines are a sign of a good life!
Prevention is better than cure!
So today I’m going to give you a few tips for preventing these lines, or if you already have them you can at least prevent them from worsening.
1. If you’re a smoker. Give up or reduce the amount you smoke.
2. Smile don’t pout!
3. Don’t use straws to drink. Use a glass instead (guilty on occasions)
4. Don’t drink from bottles (hmmm, I’m guilty of this one with my bobble bottle but I do tend to squeeze it into my mouth rather than suck)
5. Sun exposure and smoking cause free radical damage which destroys collagen. Use a good sunscreen and limit time in the sun
6. Eat & drink antioxidant rich foods. Make antioxidant rich juices & smoothies from fruit, veggies and adding things like turmeric, raw cacoa & green tea to them
7. Drink green & white tea for antioxidants
8. Use anti-ageing skincare to prevent damage to the skin and delay the ageing process
I confess I have a slight line on the right side of my upper lip. I think this is a combination of my sun exposure days years ago I particularly remember burning my upper lip badly in Barbados 14 years ago….think ridiculously hot, lots of jet ski action and salt water splashing…a carefree attitude to SPF! Not good at all. Drinking from straws and bottles. Not using amazing skincare. Pouting for pictures (massive cringe but it was standard when younger). I’m still seriously cringing LOL. Not caring to eat an antioxidant rich diet!
How to eliminate or reduce the lines!
The line is definitely much lessened by some amazing products and tools though, so let me share with you.
1. I love to use the GHK Cu Copper peptide serum with EGF. This serum removes damage from the deeper layers of the skin and replaces it with healthy new skin. It is a process that will take time depending on the level of skin damage you may have. I’m still working on mine but the improvements have been amazing. If you’re not aware of Copper peptide as an ingredient then you’ll be very glad to know of it. Rather than explaining fully here, I will leave the links at the bottom of the page where you can read further and watch the video I made.
2. Multi-Active Peptide Matrixyl Serum 25%. This fabulous serum reduces the depth of wrinkles and is hailed as NCN’s best all round product. Love this serum for all of its amazing skin benefits. As above with the Copper peptide, I will leave the link at the bottom of the page.
3. Volu-Lift Recontouring Face Cream gives fullness to the skin. Clients have reported fuller cheeks, fuller upper lip area and diminished naso labial lines (the lines that run from the sides of the nose down to the mouth).
4. Drink Collagen Shots! These boost the levels of collagen in your skin by supplying all of the amino acids needed to make new collagen. Also containing Hyaluronic Acid to boost hydration levels. I will never be without my nightly elixir! They work fantastically on their own, but combined with the H3O Night Repair capsules and the H3O Hydration Drink, expect even more plumping and super soft skin.
5. Lastly, my fabulous Sirius Nova tool for red light therapy. This is truly fantastic. The results are progressive and you need to keep going with it. I must admit that I was using it very regularly and seeing results….then recently I have struggled to find the time (or I’m not making it my priority) but I am intentional of getting back to it! I need to….it’s an important part of my job, right?
I hope that this has been a useful post for you and that you’ve enjoyed reading it.
If you would like to know more about Collagen Shots or the H3O products then please email me at email@example.com
Here are all of the links for the products:
Have a wonderful weekend!