When travelling, be it for a long holiday or away for a weekend, it can be difficult to not want to take your entire skin care regime with you. I know I’ve struggled with this in the past and have taken so much stuff with me – that inevitably I haven’t used. Holiday skin-care routines can be tricky …
Ultimately, I’ve come to the conclusion that for me, when travelling and on holiday – less is more.
Holiday Skin-Care Routines
Perhaps you’re the same and prefer a ‘less is more’ approach when away. Routines tend to be much more relaxed when we’re away. We have less decisions to make, other than maybe – ‘beach versus pool’. What we fancy as our next drink. How we’ll spend the day relaxing. Less to think about goes hand in hand with simplified routines. That’s not to say that we don’t look after our skin when we’re travelling or away – we certainly should. We simply pare it down and establish the essentials for a holiday skin-care routine.
Cover The Basic Needs
All of our skin needs will be different depending on skin type etc. However, there are some basic essentials that we’d all benefit from including in a holiday skin-care routine.
- A cleanser that does a good all-round job of removing makeup and providing a second deeper cleanse. At home I find I can use one for removing makeup. One for deeper cleansing, and then switch to different cleansers on different nights. Pick just one to take with you!
- An antioxidant rich serum to apply post-cleansing and before SPF Cream. This ensures protection against damaging free radicals – and if your travel includes sun and potentially a few alcoholic drinks – antioxidants will help to keep your skin healthy.
- A good quality SPF Cream that is liberally applied and regularly applied. This goes for anywhere you’re travelling as a daily SPF is essential for healthy and more youthful looking skin. However, when travelling to somewhere where the sun is strong we have to be even more mindful.
- An ‘All-round’ product that you enjoy applying in the evening, after your cleanse and before you sleep. Something that is nourishing to the skin and will help to replenish moisture will be beneficial. A product that stimulates collagen production and is also rich in antioxidants will help to ensure you wake up looking refreshed.
What I’ll be Taking Away for my Holiday Skin-Care Routine
I’ll be travelling soon myself for a couple of weeks and have been planning what to take. I won’t be taking my NCN Orange Blossom Hydrating Mist this time. Not because I don’t love it – I do love it! But because last time, I planned to take it on the flight to help keep my skin refreshed and more hydrated. However, I forgot to check the size (epic fail as a former Air Stewardess) and watched in horror as the brand new bottle was tossed into a bin.
I’ve managed to pare my own holiday skin-care routine down to these few items.
- NCN Rinsable Cleansing Oil or Multi-Acid Cleansing Gel. I’m leaning towards the Cleansing Oil though as it’s my favourite.
- NCN Vitamin C serum – for antioxidant benefits as well as skin firming and brightening.
- NCN I’m Covered Physical SPF. I believe this is the best SPF I’ve ever used. I sinks in easily. It doesn’t leave a white cast. It’s antioxidant rich and it also helps to prevent and reduce brown spots. It is in my opinion – SPF perfection.
- For evening use I am opting to take the All-In-One Anti-Ageing Cream. As the name suggests -it’s an all-in-one option. It’s packed with peptides, vitamins, actives and beautiful oils that help to hydrate, nourish, plump up the skin and stimulate collagen production. The perfect option to replenish skin while sleeping.
- I will be taking with me my Pure Elixir supplements to help keep skin protected and hydrated from within. They also help to provide the building blocks for new collagen. Hayley from ‘A Model Moment’ also used these for her holiday prep.
- Just For Tummies Live Bacteria. To keep a happy and healthy gut, especially when travelling and to new countries. These are so beneficial to prevent tummy troubles.
That’s it for me. Now I need to see if I can do the same with clothes and shoes!
Hopefully this post may help you if you’re trying to decide what to take with you on a holiday or break. Cover the basic needs and enjoy your break away. If you’re feeling a little stuck and unsure when it comes to figuring out a holiday routine, please feel free to email me and I’ll be happy to help you out.