Lip lines, above your top lip – even if you’re not a smoker! Why do they appear? What can we do about them?
Upper Lip Lines
Those lines that form above your top lip that are caused by that puckering motion and other factors. Unfortunately, although a smoker may be more likely to have these lines because they are ‘puckering’ their mouth more often than the average person. They can appear around anyone’s mouth as they age. The older we get it is more likely, as collagen production slows down and elastin may have broken down over time. Repeated movements are etched in our skin as it doesn’t have the elasticity to spring back as more youthful skin does.
Prevention is Better Than Cure
Today I’m sharing some tips for preventing lip lines, or if you already have them, you can improve the appearance and prevent them from worsening.
1. If you’re a smoker, give up or reduce the amount you smoke.
2. Be conscious of your mouth movements. Maybe you pout when concentrating.
3. Don’t use straws to drink through. Use a glass instead.
4. Don’t drink from bottles (I’m guilty of this one with my bobble bottle but I do tend to squeeze it into my mouth rather than suck it).
5. Sun exposure and smoking cause free radical damage which destroys collagen. Use a quality sunscreen and limit time in the sun.
6. Eat & drink antioxidant rich foods. Make antioxidant rich juices and smoothies from fruits, veggies and adding things like turmeric, raw cacoa & green tea to them.Antioxidants prevent free radical damage.
7. Drink green & white tea for antioxidant boosting properties.
8. Use anti-ageing skincare to prevent damage to the skin and delay the ageing process
How to Eliminate or Reduce Lip Lines
1. GHK Cu Copper peptide serum with EGF
This serum removes damage from the deeper layers of the skin and replaces it with healthy new skin. It’s a process that will take time depending on the level of skin damage you may have. I’m still working on my own damage but the improvements have been amazing. If you’re not aware of Copper peptide as an ingredient then you’ll be very glad to discover it.
2. Multi-Active Peptide Matrixyl Serum 25%
This serum reduces the depth of wrinkles and is hailed as NCN’s best all round product. It contains lots of peptides and actives that reduce wrinkle depth and volume. It also contains all three Matrixyl Peptides.
3. Volu-Lift Recontouring Face Cream
This cream gives fullness to the skin. Clients have reported fuller cheeks, fuller upper lip area and diminished naso- labial lines (the lines that run from the sides of the nose down to the mouth.
4. Pure Elixir 01 Smart Age Supplement
Pure Elixir contains specific ingredients that boost collagen production and help to protect the collagen you already have with super-antioxidants that prevent free radical damage. Clinically proven to reduce lines and wrinkles, they’re the equivalent of an amazing and potent serum working from the inside out.
If you found the post helpful, can we ask that you please share it to help others. Thank you.